SLABTOWN BAR PORTLAND OREGON 971-229-1455
Slabtown Booking Policy
- Safe Space Slabtown is a safe(r) space for everyone who wants to perform or come to a show. Violence, racism, misogyny, homophobia, or other forms of hate speech/acts from bands (or anyone else at the show) won't be tolerated and will get your band 86ed. We may ask to review lyrics before booking yr band; we spend way too many hours working here to spend a single minute promoting bullshit.
- All Ages vs. 21+ Events Slabtown is able to host both 21+ and all-ages events and currently holds shows in two separate spaces: the Main Room and DIY space. Both spaces can be used for either type. Which type of show works best depends on several factors-night of the week, bands on the bill, style of music, bands' ideals, etc., so we'll work that out with you at the time we book the show.
- Payment Unless a specific different payment policy has been agreed upon ahead of time, the following policies apply:
- Bands are paid the net door after the cost of sound and security. Security is $12.50/hr per security person needed (typically, only one, but possibly more for larger shows). Sound for shows in the Main Room costs $60 for a weeknight or $75 for a weekend night. The cost of sound may be higher if more than four acts are performing. Sound in the DIY space is $20 to help cover the cost of equipment rental but is only taken from the door for shows in which bands will still be paid more than $50.
- Unless agreed upon prior to the show, the split amongst bands will be determined the night of the show based upon draw and distance traveled. For smaller shows, local bands are encouraged to donate their portion of the split to touring acts.
- Bands keep all money from merchandise sales.
- The club is solely responsible for covering the cost of promotions.
- Slabtown works with several outside promoters. When those promoters take on a show, they are fully responsible for covering all costs, including any guarantees they make, on their own. At their discretion, they may choose to take a cut of the door. Slabtown discourages this practice, though, and does not allow promoter's fees to ever go above 10% of the net door.
- Hospitality Bands will get two drink tickets per member, good for any beers, wines, or well liquors. Bands touring from more than 100 miles away receive a $2 discount on sandwiches from The Falafel House. Bands are allowed one name on the guest list per band member. Guest musicians performing with bands do not qualify for drink tickets or guest list names. For certain events (benefits, festivals, etc.) different rules for hospitality may apply.
- Underage Band Members at 21+ Events Oregon law allows underage performers at 21+ events only when they are performing. IDs will be checked for all band members, and band members without ID will need to adhere to the same rules that would apply to underage performers. Underage roadies and merch people are not allowed at 21+ events.